Is Insulin Pump Therapy Right for You?
Insulin pump therapy is used by tens of thousands of people of all ages. Many studies have shown improved glucose management outcomes for those using insulin pumps. And while it does allow for more flexibility in lifestyle and the potential to even out the wide blood sugar fluctuations that are often experienced when injecting insulin, it may not be the right choice for every person.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you ready to be attached to a device that lets people know you have diabetes?
- Do you have realistic expectations? It is not the "magic bullet" that will solve all your blood glucose problems.
- Are you comfortable with the technology and mechanics of operating a pump?
- Are you committed to checking blood glucose at least four times per day?
- Are you committed to problem-solving using a sophisticated understanding of insulin, carbohydrates, and activity levels?
- Do you have a healthcare team that is familiar with insulin pumps?
Learn more here or call EHCS at 1-888-344-3434 and ask to speak with one of our Diabetes Care Coordinators to find out if pump therapy is right for you!
EHCS carries Insulin pumps from: