FreeStyle Libre 2 System
Discover The FreeStyle Libre 2 System
• Now with optional, real-time glucose alarms† that notify you if you go too low or too high
• Unsurpassed 14-day accuracy1 for adults and children with diabetes (ages 4 and older)
• No confirmatory fingersticks* required for insulin dosing — even when glucose is low, falling, or rapidly changing1
• Easiest iCGM to apply‡ with no in-person patient training required2
• More affordable CGM§ at one-third the cost of other CGMs||
Get started with Edwards Health Care Services!
We will pair you with your own Diabetes Care Advisor (DCA) who will guide you through every step of the process! Your DCA will work with you, your physician, and your insurance provider to ensure you meet any requirements, have the proper paperwork, and are informed of all processes and procedures. Ready to get started? Use the buttons below or click here to complete online enrollment.
*Fingersticks are required if your glucose alarms and readings do not match symptoms or when you see Check Blood Glucose symbol during the first 12 hours.
†Notifications will only be received when alarms are turned on and the sensor is within 20 feet of the reading device.
‡Based on a comparison to Dexcom G6.
§Based on a comparison of list prices of the FreeStyle Libre 2 system vs competitors’ CGM systems. The actual cost to patients may or may not be lower than other CGM systems, depending on the amount covered by insurance, if any.
||Based on a comparison of list prices of the FreeStyle Libre 2 system versus competitors’ CGM systems, assuming annual use of one receiver (or equivalent hardware) and quantity of transmitters and/or sensors according to use life.
#Data from this study was collected with the outside US version of the FreeStyle Libre 14 day system. FreeStyle Libre 2 has the same features as FreeStyle Libre 14 day system with optional real-time glucose alarms. Therefore the study data is applicable to both products.
1. FreeStyle Libre 2 User’s Manual.
2. Data on file. Abbott Diabetes Care.
3. Haak, T. Diabetes Therapy (2017): https://doi.org/10.1007/s13300-016-0223-6.
4. Campbell, F. Pediatr Diabetes (2018): https://doi.org/10.1111/pedi.12735.
5. Fokkert M, van Dijk P, Edens M, et al. Improved wellbeing and decreased disease burden after 1-year use of flash glucose monitoring (FLARE-NL4). BMJ Open Diab Res Care 2019;7:e000809. doi:10.1136/ bmjdrc-2019-000809.
Indications and Important Safety Information
The FreeStyle Libre 2 Flash Glucose Monitoring System is a continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) device with real time alarms capability indicated for the management of diabetes in persons age 4 and older.** WARNINGS/LIMITATIONS**: The System must not be used with automated insulin dosing (AID) systems, including closed loop and insulin suspend systems. Remove the sensor before MRI, CT scan, X-ray, or diathermy treatment. Do not take high doses of vitamin C (more than 500 mg per day), as this may falsely raise your Sensor readings. Failure to use the System according to the instructions for use may result in missing a severe low blood glucose or high blood glucose event and/or making a treatment decision that may result in injury. If glucose alarms and readings from the System do not match symptoms or expectations, use a fingerstick blood glucose value to make diabetes treatment decisions. Seek medical attention when appropriate and contact Abbott toll-free 855-632-8658 or visit ** www.FreeStyleLibre.us for detailed indications for use and safety information.
**Please refer to www.FreeStyleLibre.us for the indications and important safety information.
The circular shape of the sensor housing, FreeStyle, Libre, and related brand marks are marks of Abbott. ©2021 Abbott. ADC-28255 v2.0 01/21